Saturday, January 29, 2011

update from an invalid--the pictures half :)

Casa Hogar--this is the main building where we hosted all of the stations
The line of people waiting to get in the line of people under the tent, waiting to get in the line of people inside..



Outside the front gate, waiting to get in


One of the interpreters with a woman testing out her new glasses


Me, one of the interpreters, and Dr. Jim with the most persnickety kid I've ever met--every method I've ever employed to entertain a child was put to use.. oh boy..


The two girls who'd never seen before, with their new glasses

Dr. Lane, who taught me all I know about contact lenses (and gave me a lecture about my contact habits).. haha

Our local Quechua interpreter, Silvio :)


Just a tiny fraction of our boxes of glasses


Dr. Steve, the man who coordinates the entire mission from the Wisconsin side



No comments:

Post a Comment