Friday, February 11, 2011

ANTS OF DEATH

I'm going to start by apologizing, because I know this is definitely not "Oxapampa, Paracas, & Nazca--story half" but at the moment, what's concerning me (and everyone else here at the orphanage) most is the Killer Ant Situation.

Take the picture above, look at the ants, and multiply it by at least four. Then add all those ants on the same sized surface, and that's kind of like what the Killer Ant Situation is like. Normally I think ants are cute, although maybe kind of annoying at a picnic. Normally I feel a little bad if I kill one. ONE. Here, however, I wish I had radioactive strings of Killer Ant killer inside my hands and I could run around and shoot them all with poisonous goop like Spiderman would. Basically, if we even look at an object wrong, suddenly we realize we're crawling--literally crawling with ants.. One tiny tickle now makes me go crazy because usually it's an army of ants crawling up my arm, or on my floor, or in my bed.. And THEN, a giant cockroach or six scuttles in front of my feet. But hey, it could be worse :)

Anyway. New post to come soon, with no more ranting and plenty of happy stories !!

No comments:

Post a Comment