Friday, February 11, 2011

oxapampa, paracas, and nazca--the picture half :)

Into the jungle!! On our way to Oxapampa--some of the kids

Butterfly garden near Oxapampa












I was SO obsessed with this banana-eating turtle that lives with the alligators


monito :) cage :(


The students and some of the staff

The location of a previous orphanage related to ours--it was closed and the land sold soon before Father Joe passed away


Peruvian "mosquito" bites.. not hives.. on a good day :)



With Paloma at a home for the elderly in Oxapampa that Father Joe also started



In Paracas--El Candelabro--120 meters long




Penguins, sea lions, pelicans, penguins, penguins, penguins, pelicans.. oh my !!



Our trusty 4-passenger Cessna pilots, in whose hands I decided to put my life for an hour :)


The sand dunes and our crazy tubular vehicle!! One of the last pictures my camera saw :(












No comments:

Post a Comment